Sylvia Dudek (Program Director @METRO Accelerator powered by Techstars) successfully completed her degree with a focus on Finance and Investment Banking. She first started at METRO as a working student, and in her 10 years with the company, has worked in 8 different departments, leading strategic projects, from Own Brand Business Development to Non-Food Import Process Management and everything in between.
Her main areas of expertise are strategic planning, program management and business development.
Together with Techstars, Sylvia built up the METRO Accelerator programs from the ground. The accelerator is a highly selective mentorship program for technology-first start-ups across the entire value chain of hospitality and retail. So far, the METRO Accelerator powered by Techstars has invested in 50 early stage companies world-wide, since 2015. Out of 100s of applications the best 10 start-ups are selected to join the program in Berlin, which is one of the best for hospitality & retail tech in the world, and the only one in Europe.
The METRO Accelerator powered by Techstars is a highly selective mentorship program for technology-first startups across the entire value chain of Hospitality and Retail. We invest in ten companies who gather in Berlin for three months to innovate, accelerate, fund and grow their businesses with unprecedented access to resources from the METRO and Techstars networks.
The selected startups gain:
* An offer of €120,000 worth of investment
* Unparalleled access to METRO’s intellectual capital
* Close purpose-driven mentorship from METRO and Techstars industry experts and experienced entrepreneurs
* Free dedicated working space in Berlin during the program
* Judiciously prepared high stakes Demo Day
* The opportunity to become a lifelong member of the METRO and Techstars alumni network